My crafty space


It's a New Year and what better way to celebrate than organising all of my crafty bits and bobs into a fabulous new craft room?

With a little help from my long suffering fiancé I have everything stowed away neatly and in handy boxes, pots and files. The best thing about this? Being able to pull things out and put things away easily.

I've never had the space for my very own craft area and whilst we were in our teeny tiny flat, all of my beautiful craft equipmemt and supplies were boxed neatly in the shed! There in lay two major problems; the first was that I lived in constant fear of a leak or a damaged box destroying all my lovely things. The second, and way more frustrating, was that if I was using anything, I didn't have space to have it out for very long, meaning rushed projects and very little time for inspiration.

My new craft area is my little space to create and craft and express myself and I'm loving it already!






I never thought I would have a space as beautiful as the inspiration I found online but with a little imagination I was able to combine the best of peoples ideas and combine them into a super space. Much of this was made possible by my latest crafty purchase.... Drum roll please... I finally bought myself the Cricut Explore Air 2 in mint green. I bought mine in the Black Friday sales, but I have to say that now I have it and know how amazing it is, I would happily have spent full price on it!

My advice is if you're dithering, take the plunge!

Projects I have completed since buying my Cricut in the 1st week of December:
* Written envelopes for our own wedding save the date cards
* Save the date cards (triple layered)
* Christmas cards
* Christmas tags
* Craft storage labels
* Heart shaped tags for baby shower gifts
* Cutouts for our own wedding invitations
* New baby card
* Napkin rings for Christmas

Every time I use it I get more and more confident and have more and more ideas. I love it!

I will upload more photos shortly.

Note that the lovely space on my shelving is awaiting some storage boxes for my sewing bits. I'm heading to IKEA in a few days to pick those up and then the storage will be complete.

I have also found the most amazing website with literally thousands of SVGs which create a crafting paradise for people like me who just want to use their Cricut for EVERYTHING! Do follow link


Please take some photos of your craft spaces and storage ideas, big or small, I'd love to see them!

Hearts and hugs,

CG xx

Comments